I just want you to know that I survived my first day as a substitute teacher - EVER!! I was officially Mrs. Buck, even though I only think of my mother-in-law as Mrs. Buck, I was answering to the name today. (Matt loves hearing this).
There was a little mis-communication of where my first class was to meet which was IB English. I was waiting for them in the Japanese classroom (makes sense for English class, right?!) while they were waiting for me in the Library. Let me tell you how it rolled...
There are no bells that ring in the school to dismiss students from their classes but when I knew my first class was at 8:40 and 8:43 happened to roll around I got a little nervous (I know what you're thinking - Ashley, nervous?? NEVER!!). Luckily, MR. Buck's class was right around the corner so I shot in there and asked if it was normal to not have 1 student show up and it's several minutes past. He calmly said that they're probably just leaving their homerooms so not to worry. (Please remember that Matt does not start until 8:45 - I did not bust in on his Math lesson like a frantic little wife). Just wanted to make that clear. (I can hear my sister Nicole laughing at me.)
Feeling a little better I went back to the room, waited a couple more minutes and still no students.... Great first impression, Ash! Can't even get the class to show up. So, I decided to start to run around the school and find the 1 person that could possibly help me, Fumiko, since I was using her classroom. Thanks to Fumiko, she found them! So by 8:55 we were off and running! I only had to teach a 1/2 day today so it was rather uneventful the remainder of the day. Tomorrow however, is another day....
Mrs Buck? That sounds so funny. Now, THAT, has me cracking up.
ReplyDeletePure worry- and I love it - that's my girl!
Bucky must be loving the hot new substitute who asks for help. ; )
I'm very proud of you. I don't know that I could do what you're doing. Keep up the good work!