
He's off! (can you spot Matt in the picture???)
The first day of school was Wednesday and yes, I'm a little slow at keeping everyone caught up. :)
Happy 1st official Trailing Spouse Day to my fellow trailers! I shouldn't brag about this too much as Monday I have to go to the Regional Immigration Bureau to get "permission to engage in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted". Basically what it means is, I came here on a spousal visa and now that I'm going to be working at the school (for a maximum of 28 hours per week...dream job!) I have to get "permission" to work since I was technically just supposed to be a spouse. I'm too antsy to just be a spouse. (ask Matt)
This year Matt is teaching 4th grade, all subjects and one of the things I was excited to hear is that he'll be doing G-L-H-P's again! I love these! GLHP's are a morning writing activity where each student has to write something that they're grateful for in the past 24 hrs, something they learned, something they're hopeful for and something that they promise to do. What's even better is Matt does them too! I don't get to see them but occasionally he'll bring one home to share. You'd think for how much I like GLHP's that I'd do them myself but...I don't.
So far he has 16 students and there may be another joining shortly. It's been a good week but I know he's looking forward to the weekend to catch his breath again. Tonight we're off to dinner with the whole school, including the business office, to welcome the new school year! This is going to be a BIG crowd. Ja mata.
nice swass, bucky!
ReplyDelete