
How many weeks worth of blogging do I owe you?! Yikes, were do I start?
Here's a recap:
Matt's been working and I've been playing!
Well, that's partially true but Matt's been playing too. We went to Costco! We've been desperate for refried beans and a large container of peanut butter so we couldn't wait to go. A group of us went and we ran in with our monstrous sized shopping carts in hand! It was rather humorous when we'd see eachother in the aisles - we'd each checkout the others cart to see what was found or what we may have missed. After some successful bean shopping we all sat down to a Costco lunch consisting of pizza and hot dogs! The ham and pineapple pizza was delicious! I highly recommend it. Then we returned to the school to face our giant sized bags of groceries and the mini baskets on our bikes we had to carry them home! Some people were dropped off but Matt and I seemed to think we could manage. We did, for the most part, but I ended up walking my bike most of the way since I was terrified I'd run someone over!
The meal we were able to create - thanks to Costco.
Last Sunday afternoon, Matt was invited to go sailing with his principal, Brian. After receiving some last minute sailing advice from my sister Nicole he was off to his first race! Kevin, who also went along, gave me a call when they finished - his excited statement of "we took 3rd place" was the first thing that came out of his mouth and I replied with a quick "out of how many"?? (it was out of 3)
Anyway, they seemed to have a great time and managed to come home with a lovely sunburn. The next race is October 3rd.
Not sure if Kevin is supposed to be in this position or if he's hanging on for dear life.
Matt and Brian working hard.
An evening out at the beach catching up with friends and enjoying the scenery.
Mo, a teacher at FIS, has set up yoga on Friday afternoons in the annex so I went to that this past Friday. It's a great way to start the weekend. Sadly, I'm utterly pathetic when it comes to flexibility but I do enjoy the relaxation poses at the end. And no, I will not be showing you any pics.
On Saturday, FIS held their Sports Day down at Momochi Beach. The school was broke up into 4 different teams and Matt was "Team Yellow". Some of the events were all grades combined (Pre K - grade 12) and others they were separated. When I showed up to the beach all I saw were the highschool kids carrying the elementary kids on their backs- it seriously was the cutest thing!
The events ended with tug-of-war. First the students went up against eachother then it was parents against staff. We thought we had a good strategy going in but ended up getting our bums kicked!

Sorry, no pics of us on the rope but I'm sure someone took pics. After the beach, we headed to Dr. Gush's apartment (the Head of School) for lunch...
Yesterday was a Japanese holiday - do you know what that means? No school! Matt and I headed over to the Asian Pacific Festival and met up with Wendy and Nathan. The place was mobbed so we wandered around for a little while, ate a delicious lunch and high-tailed it out of there!
Are you exhausted from reading yet? Well, I'm tired of typing so I'm going to sign off. We'll catch up soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment