Japanese-On

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Yanagawa

Matt and I went to Yanagawa for an afternoon with Robert and Rose. We absolutely lucked out with the weather! Perfect for a boat ride through the canals. As soon as we stepped off the train we immediately headed for the docks to board a riverboat called "donkobune".

Our guide serenaded us with his voice throughout the whole journey. Of course he only spoke (and sang) in Japanese so we couldn't understand anything but he was still enjoyable to listen to. After our ride we followed our noses back to a restaurant that we'd passed on the canal to enjoy some steamed eel and tea!

To get back to the train we chose a path that was "A selection of the 100 most beautiful road in Japan". I don't know - I'm just telling you what the sign said!


Click for more pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment